The village is mentioned for the first time in Zobor deed of 1113. The church was built in the 2nd half of the 12th century or at the beginning of the 13th century.
Disposition of single-nave church with Romanesque apse in form of horseshoe on east and tower built from the outside on the west was in 1939 extended by transverse annexe on eastern side that adds sacristy and smaller prayer space to the original apse.
Continuous eastern outside wall, connecting sacristy to prayer room, covers outer part of apse. It is probable that apart from apse and triumphal arch also material of nave is preserved from Romanesque construction stage. Indication is given by fragment of the oldest stone cuboidal masonry on nave’s western facade, in corner of contact with tower. Construction of tower dates back to the beginning of the 19th century but it is possible that it was a rebuilding and substance may hide older core.
Vaulting of church’s nave probably comes from Baroque reconstruction. The more specific identification of church’s stages was not identified due to absence of researches.