Village is for the first time mentioned in royal deed of Andrew II. of 1232. Church was built in the 1st half of the 13th century and its Romanesque stage was finished in 1249, what can also be read on date on semicircular triumphal arch (MCCIL). Church was damaged by Turks in the 17th century. In the years 1716-1720 first Baroque rebuilding was realized, within which church’s nave was extended and vaulted with Prussian vault. Other two rebuildings are documented in 1788-1789 and 1948-1949 when the tower was added to church’s nave with extended space under tower and sacristy was built to southern facade of sanctuary.
Parts that preserved from Romanesque church are quadratic sanctuary with barrel vault, with slot window on eastern wall and part of nave’s wall, what is proven by fragment of uncovered stone portal on southern facade of nave.
On semicircular triumphal arch, with extant Romanesque leading moulding there is a contemporary inscription with mentioned date: „Preserve heritage of our fathers, Lord - MCCIL“. Many rebuildings have left marks and have substantially changed Romanesque character of the church.