Village of „praedium Nema“ was mentioned at place of today’s municipality in 1226. Village, as part of Komárno castle is stated in 1268 as „villa Nemá“. Current church was realized by rebuilding of Romanesque rotunda from the 12th century.
Rectangular nave was additionally built to round rotunda from southern side in 1793. This way, southern part of outside wall of rotunda had disappeared and main church entrance was created on southern, front facade of nave. Wooden bell tower is rising from roof above facade.
Reconstructions were realized in the 1st half of the 19th and 1st half of the 20th century.
Last renovation of church was done in the years 2003-2004 while also part of original rotunda was particularly solved.
Look of medieval plaster was reconstructed in exterior on the basis of findings. Entrance aperture was renovated on western side of original rotunda and Romanesque window on north-west.