Village is mentioned in the 12th century as property of Zobor monastery, in 1113 as „villa Colin s. Ypoliti“. It belonged to Zobor monastery yet in 1253 and in 1349 it is mentioned as „terra desolata“.
Romanesque church from the end of the 12th century used to have rectangular nave, semicircular apse vaulted with concha, brick matroneum carried by prismatic pillars interconnected with arcades and western tower from outside. Literature states that church, built of quarry stone, used to have stone corbels on corners, that were carrying drainpipe of roof frame.
At the beginning of the 16th century church was extended by sacristy on the nave’s northern side.
In 1737 corner supporting pillars were added to Romanesque tower. In 1993 church was extended again by annexe of nave with sanctuary and sacristy.
This way it got its current look. New nave is built transversally across Romanesque nave. After this rebuilding northern and southen wall of Romanesque church vanished, also with original elements as southern portal and windows on southern side.
Only tower, matroneum and apse are preserved from Romanesque church. Entrance to Romanesque part of church is situated on the western side of tower (currently not used), slot window is situated above. On northern and southern side of matroneum there are two round window apertures, probably original (the southern one is currently bricked). Semicircular Romanesque apse is illuminated from southern side by more recent, evidently Baroque window. On triumphal arch, arcades and matroneum’s pillars original masonry is presented, made from worked stone blocks.