The most typical Neo-Renaissance monument in Komárno is the building of Town Hall. Originally two-storey building was built in 1718-1719 in Baroque style. In 1725 it was rebuilt, but earthquake in 1763 destroyed it completely. Building’s renovation was terminated in 1766 and in 1767 also the tower was added, but frequent natural disasters destroyed it again.
And so in 1875 it was built again according to the projects of Gorstenbergen and Arvé. Today’s building of the Municipal Authority in Komárno is located on gen. Klapka Square no. 1. The building of Town Hall is situated on the northern part of gen. Klapka Square.
(Source: www.komarno.sk, Súpis pamiatok na Slovensku II.. Bratislava, 1967)
945 01 Komárno
Pho.: 035/77 30 063