Nitra was established on seven hills - Zobor, castle hill, Calvary, Čermáň, Borina, Vŕšok, and Martinský vrch. The origins of the Slovak past were written right here. Related to its name are the beginnings of Slovak history, names like Pribina, Saints Cyril and Methodius, mention of the first Catholic Church on our territory and the first officially established Slavic alphabet.
Komárno, located on the Danube River and Váh River junction in between the 108-115 metres above mean sea level, is one of the oldest settlements the Carpathian basin and a town with rich history. Its location and geomorphologic development in an advantageous climate set a solid foundation and created a potential for agricultural utilisation of the land. The region has long-lasting growing season, which allows for cultivation of highly demanding crops and plants. The town is the southernmost and the lowermost located city in Slovakia.
Levice has an advantageous geographical location; largest part of the town lies on the Hron drainage basin, but its north and east end was built on slopes and moderately undulated hills of Ipeľ upland. The geographical altitude in the centre of the old town is 163 metres above mean sea level, but is between 152-273 metres above mean sea level in the region as such. The surrounding environment falls within the mild dry climate with the average year temperatures of 9.5°C.
Šaľa town belongs to medium-sized towns in Slovakia. It became famous thanks to the findings of a Neanderthal forehead bone, which is 45 to 60,000 years old. Its replica is stored in the Archaeological Museum near leisure center of Šaľa. The first written mention of the settlement under the name Terra Wag is preserved in Appendix of founding treaty of Panonhalm Abbey from 1002, issued by the Hungarian King Stephen I. Šaľa gained the status of a town in 1536. The favorable location, the proximity of the river Vah, and the fact that Šaľa lied at the intersection of "Česká cesta" and route from Nitra to Bratislava, had predestined its development in the next centuries. Today is thanks to the company Duslo, a.s. a center of the chemical industry. Also the agricultural character remained preserved.