Partnerské stránky:

 

UNSK

 

Ubytovanie na vidieku

 

Visititra

 

Slovakia travel

 

 

 Poklady kraja

 

 

District of Nitra, town of Nitra

This originally Late Baroque palace building was built as a respectable residence of Nitra County and also in effort to protect entrance to the Upper town. It got its current look during extensive rebuilding in period between 1903 and 1908, when it was reconstructed in Art Nouveau style according to the project of V. Czigler. The building has four wings, three floors on front facade, extended by annexe with underpass reaching to Horný Palánok (remains of anti-Turkish fortification).

District of Komárno, town of Komárno

Two-floor building, built around 1800 in Classicist style, has front facade with 16 axes with rusticated avant-corps terminated with tympanum in the middle. Building’s entrance is bordered by portal in the centre of facade. Balcony with iron Classicist grille is situated above. Courtyard is accessible through arcades.

The most typical Neo-Renaissance monument in Komárno is the building of Town Hall. Originally two-storey building was built in 1718-1719 in Baroque style. In 1725 it was rebuilt, but earthquake in 1763 destroyed it completely. Building’s renovation was terminated in 1766 and in 1767 also the tower was added, but frequent natural disasters destroyed it again.

District of Nitra, town of Nitra - Upper town

The biggest monumental palace building in Upper town. Big diocese library is situated in the building. Building of seminary was commissioned by bishop Gustíny, last bishop - district governor of Nitra, in 1764 up to 1770, in Late Baroque style.

District of Topoľčany, town of Topoľčany

It is a dominant building in Art Nouveau style built after 1912 in block of buildings of square’s southern side, with internal courtyard.

District of Nitra, town of Nitra

Do you know where you can see UFO in Nitra? Attention, it is not an object of extra-terrestrial civilization or flying object. This is how students in Nitra nicknamed Aula maxima of Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra.

District of Komárno, town of Komárno

Neo-Gothic building of former Officers’ pavilion is situated in neighbourhood of gen. Klapka Square in direction towards New and Old fortress. It was built in period between 1858 and 1863 in Neo-Geothic style inspired by the English Gothic. There is inscription on its main facade: VIRIBVS VNITIS – Strength in unity - motto of Franz Joseph I. Originally the building served as complex of officers’ apartments for officers of imperial and royal army and their families.

District of Nitra, town of Nitra - Upper town

Construction of Classicist palace building was commissioned by Jozef Kluch for canons in the years 1818-1821. Later it was partially reconstructed in Empire style. It is a two-storey building with rectangular ground plan with right-angled annexe in courtyard. Entrance gate is copy of the gate of Zobor’s monastery that does not exist anymore.

District of Nitra, town of Nitra - Upper town

It is the second biggest monumental palace architecture in Upper town in historicist style, built in 1876-1844. Its construction was merit of bishop A. Roškoványi. It is a two-floor building built in shape of “U” on older foundations. Entrance portal is highlighted with balcony and two supporting columns.